How to guide and enrich your daily time with God
by Bob HostetlerPosted in Bible Resources, Jul 19, 2021
One of my favorite ways to pray is to follow a 31-day plan that gives my prayers more purpose and focus. For example, I’ve long prayed 31 biblical virtues for my children (and now my grandchildren) that developed into a prayer resource and even an iPhone/iPad app called “31 Ways to Pray for Your Kids.”
So, here’s a fairly new list that combines both of those approaches with 31 days of Bible prayers:
- God, have mercy on me, a sinner (Luke 8:13 NIV).
- Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting (Psalm 139:23-24, NIV).
- Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise (Jeremiah 17:14, NIV).
- God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life (Psalm 51:10, The Message).
- Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long (Psalm 21:5, NIV).
- Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings (Psalm 17:8, NIV).
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well (Psalm 139:14, NIV).
- Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (Matthew 6:13, ESV).
- Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain (1 Chronicles 4:10, NIV).
- Lead me to the rock that is higher than I (Psalm 61:2, NIV).
- May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine on us—so that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations (Psalm 67:1-2, NIV).
- You, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high (Psalm 3:3, NIV).
- Keep me safe, my God, for in You I take refuge (Psalm 16:1, NIV).
- Let me know your ways so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy your favor (Exodus 33:13, NLT).
- Not my will, but yours be done (Luke 22:42, NIV).
- I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds (Psalm 9:1, NIV).
- You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance (Psalm 32:7, NIV).
- Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me (Psalm 19:13, NIV).
- May the God of hope fill [me] with all joy and peace as [I] trust in him, so that [I] may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13, NIV).
- You have helped me, and I sing happy songs in the shadow of your wings (Psalm 63:7, CEV).
- Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you (Psalm 51:12, NLT).
- Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus (Acts 4:30, NLT).
- May your blessing be on your people (Psalm 3:8, NIV).
- I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation (Psalm 118:21, NIV).
- May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord, is in you (Psalm 25:21, NIV).
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer (Psalm 19:14, NKJV).
- O Lord, hear. O Lord, forgive. O Lord, listen and act! (Daniel 9:19, NLT).
- Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble (Psalm 119:165, NIV).
- O Lord, how manifold are thy works! In wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches (Psalm 104:24, KJV).
- Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me (Psalm 23:4, NIV).
- We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign (Revelation 11:17, NIV).
Let these prayers guide and enrich your daily time with God; you may find the Holy Spirit bringing these to your mind often—sometimes at the most crucial moments.